Download the iQ User Manual.
The Axia iQ AoIP Console
Pictured: Expanded 14 channel configurations (Standard 8 channel + expansion 6 channel with user buttons RRP £6830)
The iQ is an expandable digital console that be configured to have between 8 and 24 faders depending on needs and budgets. The basic console package consists of an 8 channel iQ console coupled with a QOR.32 DSP mix engine. The system can then be expanded by adding up to two more consoles at either 6 or eight channels each. These can be physically connected to create a large format mixer or used as separate units for a split desk configuration.
In many ways, the iQ and the Radius are very similar but the increased connectivity of the QOR.32 coupled with the option to expand the number of physical faders makes the iQ a much more flexible solution.
The Radius console is powered by a QOR.32 integrated console engine with DSP powered mix engine. All audio inputs and outputs are connected to the QOR.32 with only a single cable connecting the QOR.32 with the desktop console. The QOR.32 offers twice the level of connectivity when compared with the QOR.16 and is ideal in studios that have a lot of audio equipment.
QOR.32 Mix Engine
4 mic inputs with selectable Phantom power
16 stereo analog inputs
8 stereo analog outputs
2 AES/EBU inputs
2 AES/EBU outputs
8 GPIO machine-control logic ports (each with 5 opto-isolated inputs and 5 outputs).
In addition to accessing sources connected to the QOR.32, the iQ can also access sources connected to other Axia studios or devices on your network meaning that a mic in studio 2 can be assigned to a fader in studio 1 (over the network) at the touch of a button.
Myriad Playout can also use the Axia Audio Software Driver to communicate with the QOR.32 directly meaning that you don't need to buy a soundcard for your playout PC and playout does not use physical inputs leaving them free for other sources.
Standard 8 Channel Frame Package
Part Number: iQ8+QOR.32
Part Number: 8 Channel Frame
Part Number: 6 Channel + User Button Frame
Other expansion options are available, please contact us for a custom quotation
iQ Console Features
- Configurable from 8 to 24 faders, each with instant access to any source.
- Proven surface-and-core architecture separates control from mixing processes. No audio passes directly through iQ; all mixing and processing is performed in the QOR.32 Integrated Console Engine – so studio “accidents” don’t turn into off-air events.
- Assign any type of source to any channel with a twist of the Options knob.
- Four main stereo outputs (Program-1 through Program-4).
- Built-in three-band per-source EQ.
- Alpha-numeric OLED displays below each fader always show the current audio source, and, when the Options knob is pressed, offer fast adjustment of fader gain trim, voice EQ, pan and balance, phase correction and other features without panel clutter or intimidating controls.
- Channel-input confidence meters assure talent of audio presence before taking sources to air.
- Each fader’s context-sensitive Soft key can be used to activate talkback, start delivery system events, or perform other special functions.
- Every fader has a stereo Preview (“cue”) function, with a unique interlock system for fast cuing of multiple sources.
- Smooth, long-life 100mm. conductive-plastic faders resist dirt and contamination.
- Reconfigurable CR monitor section with direct-selection of Program buses and reassignable buttons that allow instant monitoring of external sources.
- An additional monitor section provides monitor volume, source selection and talkback controls for an associated air studio.
- Flexible talkback system lets board op talk to studio guests or any Phone or Codec source with an associated backfeed.
- Up to 8 automatic mix-minuses may be used simultaneously for phones, remote talent, etc.
- Record Mode enables one-button setup of record mixes for phone bits or off-air interviews.
- High-resolution OLED displays provide responsive, readable VU or PPM metering styles. Displays can be switched to display 2, 3 or 4 meters at once.
- Precision event timer that can be operated manually or triggered by starting pre-selected sources.
- Time-of-day clock can be synchronized to network time using NTP.
- Four custom Show Profile “snapshots” can be saved to instantly recall frequently-used console setups – useful to quickly prepare for interview segments, music-intensive programming, call-in talk shows, etc.
- All functions can be accessed remotely for configuration, management and diagnostic purposes using any standard Web browser.
- Multiple iQ frames can be joined to produce a single, large control surface, or operated separately if desired to suit studio design.
- Optional Telco Expansion frame provides direct, on-the-console control of matching Telos iQ6 six-line telephone system, or other Telos talkshow systems. High-resolution OLED displays use exclusive Telos Status Symbols for instant call status information. Includes a Dump key to trigger user-supplied profanity delay unit using GPIO closures.
- Easy-to-deploy with a single connection to th QOR.32 integrated console engine.
- Includes console CPU and power supply, DSP mixing engine, custom Ethernet switch with 6 Livewire ports and 2 Gigabit ports for studio networking, 16 analog inputs and 8 analog outputs, 2 AES inputs and 2 AES outputs, 4 Mic inputs with switchable Phantom power, and 8 GPIO ports for machine control. I/O can be expanded using Axia Audio xNodes.
- Integrated zero-configuration network switch is custom-designed for broadcasting — no switch setup required.
- QOR.32’s built-in Ethernet switch supports Simple Networking, allowing up to 4 iQ consoles to be daisy-chained without the need for a separate core switch.
- Fan-free, convection-cooled power supply for noiseless in-studio operation.
- Optional backup power supply with automatic failover for complete peace of mind.
- Configurable network gateway allows loading of networked as well as local audio sources while simultaneously exporting audio streams for network use elsewhere. Gateway can be configured for 12-in, 4-out or 8-in, 8-out modes.
- Front-panel LED display monitors power and network status.
- Telecom grade power supplies are designed for maximum uptime under harsh conditions.
- Add a QOR Backup to QOR.32 for dual-redundant power supply with automatic, seamless switching.
- Large variety of built-in audio I/O boasts studio-grade audio performance specs.
- Add more I/O a la carte using Axia Audio xNodes.
Microphone Inputs: 4x balanced XLR-F, with selectable Phantom power
Analog Inputs: 16x RJ-45, StudioHub+ standard.
Analog Outputs: 8x RJ-45, StudioHub+ standard.
AES/EBU Inputs: 2x RJ-45, StudioHub+ standard.
AES/EBU Outputs: 2x RJ-45, StudioHub+ standard.
GPIO: 8x DB-15
Livewire: 4x 100Base-T with PoE, RJ-45, 2x 100Base-T, RJ-45, 2x 1000Base-T, RJ-45, 2x Gigabit, SFP (Small Form Pluggable)
Console Frame Connections: 3x, 6-pin “latch and lock” style
Accessory Connections: 1x, 6-pin “latch and lock” style
Source Impedance: 150 Ohms
Input Impedance: 4 k Ohms minimum, balanced
Nominal Level Range: Adjustable, -75 dBu to -20 dBu
Input Headroom: >20 dB above nominal input
Output Level: +4 dBu, nominal
Analog Line Inputs
Input Impedance: 20 k Ohms
Nominal Level Range: Selectable, +4 dBu or -10dBv
Input Headroom: 20 dB above nominal input
Analog Line Outputs
Output Source Impedance: <50 Ohms balanced
Output Load Impedance: 600 Ohms, minimum
Nominal Output Level: +4 dBu
Maximum Output Level: +24 dBu
Digital Audio Inputs And Outputs
Reference Level: +4 dBu (-20 dB FSD)
Impedance: 110 Ohm, balanced (XLR)
Signal Format: AES-3 (AES/EBU)
AES-3 Input Compliance: 24-bit with selectable sample rate conversion, 20 kHz to 216kHz input sample rate capable.
AES-3 Output Compliance: 24-bit
Digital Reference: Internal (network timebase) or external reference 48 kHz, +/- 2 ppm
Internal Sampling Rate: 48 kHz
Output Sample Rate: 48 kHz
A/D Conversions: 24-bit, Delta-Sigma, 256x oversampling
D/A Conversions: 24-bit, Delta-Sigma, 256x oversampling
Latency <3 ms, mic in to monitor out, including network and processor loop
- Any input to any output: +0.5 / -0.5 dB, 20 Hz to 20 kHz
Analog Input to Analog Output: 102 dB referenced to 0 dBFS, 105 dB “A” weighted to 0 dBFS
Analog Input to Digital Output: 105 dB referenced to 0 dBFS
Digital Input to Analog Output: 103 dB referenced to 0 dBFS, 106 dB “A” weighted
Digital Input to Digital Output: 125 dB
Equivalent Input Noise
- Microphone Preamp: -128 dBu, 150 Ohm source, reference -50 dBu input level
Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise
Mic Pre Input to Analog Line Output: <0.005%, 1 kHz, -38 dBu input, +18 dBu output
Analog Input to Analog Output: <0.008%, 1 kHz, +18 dBu input, +18 dBu output
Digital Input to Digital Output: <0.0003%, 1 kHz, -20 dBFS
Digital Input to Analog Output: <0.005%, 1 kHz, -6 dBFS input, +18 dBu output
Crosstalk Isolation, Stereo Separation And CMRR
Analog Line channel to channel isolation: 90 dB isolation minimum, 20 Hz to 20 kHz
Microphone channel to channel isolation: 80 dB isolation minimum, 20 Hz to 20 kHz
Analog Line Stereo separation: 85 dB isolation minimum, 20Hz to 20 kHz
Analog Line Input CMRR: >50 dB, 20 Hz to 20 kHz
Microphone Input CMRR: >50 dB, 20 Hz to 20 kHz
Mic Equalizer (applicable to up to 6 faders)
Frequency Bands: 20Hz to 320Hz, 125Hz to 2KHz, 1.25KHz to 20KHz.
Cut/Boost range on each band: -25dB to +15dB.
Q-factor: Automatic - bandwidth varies based on amount of cut or boost.
Power Supply AC Input, QOR.32 With iQ Console
Auto-sensing supply, 90VAC to 240VAC, 50 Hz to 60 Hz, IEC receptacle, internal fuse
Power consumption: 100 Watts
-10 degrees C to +40 degrees C, <90% humidity, no condensation
iQ Main Frame 20.5” x 19” x 4.5” (desktop to meter bridge)
iQ Expansion Frames 17.5” x 18.25” x 3” (desktop to tallest control)
What we think...
The iQ is a great solution for a studio that has lots of sources that need connecting and the desire for a flexible and expandable digital solution at a price that is comparable to the equivalent size analogue solution.Lee Beech - Broadcast Radio
Need Some Advice?
Our team of experienced radio professionals will be happy to offer honest and friendly advice on all aspects of broadcast technology
Prefer to talk?
UK. (+44) (0)1482 350700
Eire. (+353) (0)1 44-33-911
Australia. +61 7 56 414 959